Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Welcome!



Merry Christmas, everyone, and welcome to my new blog!  Though it was only ten or so months ago when I last updated my old blog, it seems to me like it’s been an eternity.  That’s not to say I haven’t been keeping plenty busy, because I have.  Since that final post, I’ve read countless books, completed a semester of college, and played enough basketball to learn how to properly execute a Shammgod, among other things.  It has truly been a fulfilling time in my life.  Nevertheless, in unfamiliar times of idleness, I frequently experience the itch to write.  My studies, to a certain extent, have helped to fill the void; but I’ve definitely missed writing about basketball.  Not writing about it in the tedious, all-consuming manner I used to --- that, I honestly believe, was becoming unhealthy --- but writing about it solely for pleasure, at a much more moderate pace.  And so, here we are!

I haven’t put nearly the amount of thought nor effort (nor money; this free blog thing is awesome!) into the formation of this blog as I did with NBA247365.COM.  I guess that’s kind of the point, so I’m going to say it’s a good thing.  It means, however, that I am yet to completely conceptualize the overall theme and focus of this blog.  While I’m not entirely sure it needs one, it’s not in my nature to proceed in a disorganized manner.  Thus, I’ve come up with a tentative basis: my NBA collection.

My NBA collection itself lacks a focus.  Actually, I suppose that’s not entirely true.  Its focus is Stromile Swift.  But what I mean to say is that my collection is inclusive of anything and everything NBA --- from cards, to jerseys, to bobble heads, to a snow globe and a left shoe.  As far as I’m concerned, the weirder the better!  Not that I’m one of those people who likes to be weird for the sake of being weird, because I’m absolutely not one of those people.  Those people are annoying.  I, on the other hand, am just a young man who grew up a sincere fan of some of the NBA’s oddballs.  I have normal favorite players, too.  For instance, I’m a huge LeBron James fan, and I’ve admired Allen Iverson since the late nineties.  It’s just that my absolute favorite happens to be Stromile Swift, and I can actually afford to collect his most interesting stuff.  The same can’t be said for LeBron James, or even Allen Iverson, at least not on my current budget.  Maybe when I live here.

Essentially, what I’m trying to emphasize here is that each and every item in my collection has a story.  There’s a reason I spent ten authentic US dollars on a Drew Gooden Subway drinking cup, and it’s not because I needed something to put water in.  Here, I will tell these stories.  

And here is the aforementioned Drew Gooden Subway drinking cup.  Story sold separately, coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment