Monday, April 14, 2014

Acquisition: Autographed Stromile Swift Illustration


There are acquisitions, and there are acqui-wait-all-day-at-the-door-for-the-UPS-truck-to-arrive-isitions.  This, obviously, is the latter. 

I commissioned this illustration to be created by Dustin Watson, the same artist responsible for my Gerald Green print.  Working with Dustin was a pleasure; he started and finished within the time frame outlined in the beginning, and the cost was very reasonable.  I suspect this won't be the last of his works to be displayed on my wall, and I highly suggest his services in bringing the NBA to your wall, too.

Dustin offers a variety of finishes, but this particular illustration is printed on a metallic paper, which looks downright incredible.  So incredible, in fact, I decided it needed a stamp of approval from the Stro Show himself.  Stromile received my request for a signature and obliged; so back in the mail went my package, on its way to the bayou.  Today, it made its much anticipated return, complete with a personal autograph.  Now all I've got to do is get it framed, and locate some real estate worthy of a masterpiece.

Big thanks to both Dustin Watson and Stromile Swift for making this outstanding piece of my collection possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment