Friday, November 28, 2014

Quincy Acy's highlight reel is really awesome


My Thanksgiving was every bit as uneventful as I had hoped it would be.  After sleeping in until noon or so, I spent the majority of the day and night browsing Youtube.  I began by reviewing a few of my favorite Kenyon Martin clips, and later moved on to several of Amare Stoudemire's greatest scoring performances.  Finally, I happened upon the following highlight reel featuring Quincy Acy.  I'm not exactly sure why I clicked on it, but I'm glad I did.



Whoa. I LOVE how this guy dunks!

My brother is a frequent Youtube surfer and fellow slam dunking enthusiast (and a powerful dunker in his own right).  So I asked him about Acy.  "Yup, I've seen that video many times.  With him, it's never a weak dunk."

Based on the highlight reel I'd say my brother hit the nail on the head.  Regardless of what stands between him and the hoop, even if it's nothing, Acy attacks the tin with a combination of anger and enthusiasm somewhat reminiscent of the great Shawn Kemp. He attempts to tear down the stanchion at every opportunity. And like a great jump shooter, Acy is always sure to follow through.  His tendency to scream, hang, and flex take his dunks to a higher level of excitement.

Just look at that titanic sledgehammer at 1:04.  It's downright violent.

No comments:

Post a Comment